Simon is an expert in how to lead people through disruptive, technological, social and demographic change, offering insights into changing work patterns, opportunities and expectations, and the leadership behaviours needed to engage, attract and keep the talent needed to thrive and survive.
After graduating from the University of Manchester with a degree in Computer Engineering, Simon Walker spent his 20s as a professional yacht skipper, leading teams across the Atlantic, to the Arctic and around the world.
This gave him an early grounding in hands-on, high pressure leadership.
After a short spell as a management consultant, he returned to the yachting event world, as CEO of Challenge Business, the owner and organiser of the BT Global Challenge round the world yacht races.
You can read more about Simon’s experiences in this FastCompany magazine feature.
For the last decade, he has created, led and built people development focused businesses, including Talentsmoothie and more recently my360plus.
He’s now an expert in the future of work and leadership. He’s part futurologist, part leadership and team guru.
Clients engage him to consult and research, speak at their conferences, run masterclasses and workshops, and mentor their leaders and teams.
Across all these areas, clients value his storytelling, practical first-hand experience, and pragmatic approach that comes from a decade of research and practice in the field.
You can find more detail on my background, including over 20 powerful recommendations, at LinkedIn.
Recent projects have included:
- Helping a major utility and an insurance company challenge, review and adapt their culture, leadership and people policies
- Regular contributor to ongoing senior leadership development programmes in engineering, banking and property sectors
- Lunch and learn sessions in the legal, insurance and banking sectors
- Keynotes at conferences on the future of work and its implication for leadership
- Mentored senior leaders and their teams – in insurance, health, asset management and property sectors
- Contribution to executive education programmes as a visiting fellow at Henley and Southampton Business Schools
Do you want to know more about Simon and how he can help your organisation?
Call 020 3488 0464 or email to see how Simon can contribute